Saturday, February 7, 2009

Recipe for a Diaper Cake......


Combine:
 
100 diapers (size 1)
3 yards---4 inch ribbon (purple ribbon)
6 yards---1 inch satin ribbon (chocolate)
1 silk hydrangea flower

Roll diapers 
Tie ribbons

Add: Hydrangea

Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (well not really, but Preston kept asking if we could eat it, or at least light a candle)

And there you go.........I had never attempted this before so I figured it out through "trial and error"......but you can search "Diaper Cake" and get thousands of different instructions and even youtube clips (who knew..)

 I have to say that all the years of watching mom decorate beautiful wedding cakes came in handy...............Martha Stewart's got nothin' on you MOM!


I wanted to try this for Missy's baby shower and I picked up all my supplies at Wal-Mart yesterday. I used the Parent's Choice Diapers, Wal-Mart ribbon and flowers... and it only cost me about $17.oo.  Try it out, it's really kinda fun, and an inexpensive, cute gift!

P.S. The cake is really just the details, the fun was in the SHOWER!  You can check out pictures HERE


1 comment:

Chris and Michelle said...

That is SO cute, Ali! I've made 3 diaper cakes in the past for showers but they have were never as cute as this.... I love the idea for flowers on top! Thanks for the idea. :)