Thursday, January 29, 2009

"Super" Super Bowl Snack!

Hot Buffalo Blue Dip

This is probably the best game day appetizer I have ever made! The boys especially love it..........at least all the boys in my family because they think "Hot Sauce" is the nectar of the Gods!  If you love hot buffalo wings this will definitely be one of your favorites too!
I do not have a very formal recipe written down because it is SO SO SIMPLE! But you can't mess it up......I make it slightly different every time-so here is the basic recipe.

In a bowl combine 
2- 8 oz. blocks cream cheese, softened
1 large can chicken (or 2 chicken breasts boiled and shredded)
1 cup blue cheese dressing- I only use the Lighthouse brand

And as much hot sauce as you can stand!
I would say I generally add 1/4 cup or so?

Put in 8x8 baking dish and bake 350 degrees until hot and bubbly (at least 20 minutes)
Serve with pita chips and celery sticks.  

You can make this up and stick it in the fridge and heat it right before you serve it. 

Take this to a Super Bowl party and everyone will love you! Let me know how you like it. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay, you turned your comments on! I made your Great Harvest cookies the other night and they were great. I think I gained five pounds because I ate almost the whole batch by myself.

Wcc Cannon Family said...

Excellent dip- I do like it baked better than cold. good idea on that. What else are you serving for the game?
Mom
P.S. Is this on the cleanse diet?

Efamily said...

Mom- This probably doesn't qualify for the cleanse diet.....bummer!

Wendy said...

Ali Cannon! Please email me, it has been WAY too long! How are things?
Wendy Williams
wwilliams@graniteschools.org

B & C said...

We made this dip for super bowl sunday and Brad's friends loved it. I must agree with mom, I prefer it cooked also. Yummy!

Chris and Michelle said...

So we totally made this dip on Sunday and we loved it! We'll definitely be making it again.
Thanks, Ali! :)